Skip to main content

Black Sails, Wandering Neighbor and Writing

Watching:  Black Sails (Season 4)
Eating: Salad with nuts  
Reading: Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones

I'm really digging Black Sails because it has characters from Treasure Island thrown in. Now some of the pirates were real people and if you know a little about their history, well, I think the television series plays it out well. The only thing that gets me is when it slows down. I'm a little less chatter and all about the fights. There are a few gory scenes that really turned my stomach. There is a lot of nudity too. I personally think that if you're going to show women naked, it'd be fun to throw in a few nude guys too 😉💖. There was a few scenes (few and far between and not very distinct like the women) that flashed across the screen. 

Our new neighbor was around for about a day. He lived in a tent outside our apartment. Sue said that the city hands out tents to the wanderers. He screamed a lot. I was able to sleep through it, but it was harder for Emory to ignore. I think the city moved him because we live right next to a school and he wore his pants down around his knees.... no boxers either. The wanderers are not in this neighborhood, but they are around the grocery stores. 

I talked with Jeffery tonight. We talked about pirates (yes, Black Sails is on my mind). We also talked about the days of old when he went to concerts. David Bowie might have been the only concert I really wanted to go to, but I love the bands Emory listens too so he gave me new life in that department. Jeffery talked about his travels too. He's lived a full life and weed was not on the menu when he was at concerts and it got passed down, but we laughed about it. We also talked a little about his days in the navy. 

Jeffery used to live in one of the three communes that Emory and I visited, but he branched out for a quieter life. I need to go back to AZ and visit the communes again. I miss living in them and having so many people around. It's nice having big dinners and people to watch television with and there is always someone around to chat with. 

I really need something to go do. Maybe I can talk Emory into going up to Ventura. I could always call Sue and have a dinner at her commune out here in Cali. 

I met a woman who hated it when people called California; Cali. Go figure. To each their own. 

Writing Update:

LB: here we go! We're at the very end of it. Chapter 22/? I think there might be one more chapter and then I'm done.  Time to find something else to work on.