Skip to main content

Sewing Kits, Jobs and Writing

Watching: Being Erica (2nd season I believe)    
Eating: BBQ Tofu with Mushrooms
Reading: Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones

Sue just made it back into town after visiting the caravan family up north. I'm going to visit her this weekend because my favorite vegan bag (that I got at the Veg Fest) has a sizable rip in it. I love this bag too. I have another one that says "Vegan Day" on it that I really like, also canvas. Sue said we could come up and sew it so after the gym, we'll be heading towards Porter Ranch ( a super nice part of town) to sew. I invited Sue for drinks, but she wasn't too committal about it. 

I told Ann that I needed to go to Sue to sew my bag and she drilled me about not having a sewing kit. Apparently every household needs one. 😊 So I kind of know what I'll be getting for my birthday which is more than half a year away. She might forget. It'll be nice to have a sewing kit, but I'm really scared that I'll drop a needle in the carpet and step on it. Crazy Cousin Nik was ruthless about leaving sewing things out and about. He makes the best costumes. Wish I could be a little more creative like him. I just don't have the vision. 

I know I haven't been with my job very long, but I'm sort of at the bottom and dreaming of a more substantial role. I feel like if there is another "let go", I'd be dropped. Three people can do my job and theirs. I can't do more than my job because I haven't been trained. So I talked with a woman in billing and she said that she has bank experience and asked about my experience in billing. I don't have any. So she suggested I take some classes at the local community college so I might go back for accounting OR!!!! I might just go be an assistant to the adjusters. I haven't recently seen a job posting for it, and they just hired three people for the job, but eventually they'll be trained and can be adjusters so hopefully there is room for me. I've put my trust in the Goddess and she hasn't failed to give me what I needed, so I'll light my incense and pray for a clear path towards the road I should take, a.k.a. tarot card reading. 

Writing Update:

OMG! Said I'd stop the fanfic but I have three new stories in my head. I think I'll write down the bones and put them to the side. I need to finish the story I'm on and be done for a while with the fanfic side of my life. I love the readers. I love them! They are so generous with their kudos and their words of encouragement and they make me feel like someone loves the notion of the story as much as I do. I love sharing with them, but I also feel like I need to write my own story too.