Skip to main content

California Drought, Caravan Family and Writing

Watching: Blacklist (Season 2)
Eating: Gluten Free, Vegan Lasagna
Reading: Hounded by Kevin Hearne (I have 6 of these books 😁)

I heard on the radio that California is officially in a drought warning. I hear that our water supply is low and so far, we really haven't gotten a lot of rain. It's cloudy, but no rain. 

The medical facility that I'm currently enlisted with, is on strike. I should have gotten my medications sooner because I'm almost out and the pharmacy is also on strike in solidarity to the nurses. I hope the nurses get the pay raise they're asking for. From what I hear, most medical facilities might be giving their nurses a raise, but my facility is not. I am hoping that the facility comes to a good compromise for both parties so the nurses are taken care of. That said, I hope they come back soon because I really don't want to go off my medication. 

The caravan family is coming out for the holidays! We're going to Universal Hollywood. I'm a little nervous. I skipped out on the Universal Horror Nights this year and now I'm going to Universal anyways. Not without trepidation though. I'm not looking at my luck and spitting in its eye. However, we have two caravan mates that have never been to Universal so we're sort of doing the "sightseeing" thing with them. Funny, but Steven and I both suffer from anxiety so it'll be something for us to conquer while we're out in the crowds. 

Writing Update:

Been playing around with some older stories. One is a vampire story that's pretty common, playing on the 1980's notions of vampires. I want to bring a fear factory into the story, something that speaks danger and awe. 

Playing around with some short stories that are pretty dark.