Skip to main content

Dollar Tree Glasses, Spirit Store and Writing

Watching: Batwoman (so bloody awesome!)
Eating: Cotton Candy

My friend Jen suggested I go to Dollar Tree and get readers. She said they were the cheapest way to get glasses; however, we did go and I tried on all the different frames ranging from 1.00 to 3.75 and they all made my vision blurry. I guess I don't need readers. I'll actually have to go get my eyes checked, which I dread because they blow air into my eyes and dilate the pupils. I hate anything medical, but I probably won't take my anxiety medications to go see the doctor. My aunt says that once I have my prescription, that I should go to Costco because they have the best deals. I've paid a lot of cash for glasses in the past and all I really need is a cheap pair, maybe two pairs to keep in different places since I only need them for reading.

I got a notification that the Spirit Store is now open. I love it! and since we aren't doing anything big for Halloween this year (thanks Covid), going to the store should be fun. It's about that time again to put all the horror movies to the top of my Netflix rent list! We need to get some popcorn and do my favorite marathons. It's funny because Emory has been walking around the house singing "This is Halloween." He knows to his core that it's time for the spooks.

I'm seeing a few Halloween related places that we can go. I'm so tempted. Goddess help me, but I'm so tempted. Have to stay strong though because Covid out here in Los Angeles is pretty bad. I guess Arizona might have it worse though, from what I hear. Last year, everything was shut down out here in Los Angeles, so we went to Arizona and went to a haunted house. This year though, got to stay out of trouble. This place called 13 Floors in Arizona is open during the Halloween season and at Christmas, it turns into a Krampus haunted house. I really wish I had gone to it. The 13 Floors was pretty cool. They had a few different themes and my favorite will always be the zombies, but now that I'm older, I really like the chainsaw bit too.

Writing Update:

Trying to finish L.B. which had a pretty decent following and ended up being more popular than I originally guessed it would be. I just finished edits on chapter 20 and now need to write chapter 21.