Skip to main content

Movie Theaters, Reading and Writing

The movie theaters are finally open again and I can hardly wait for the movies I want to see. A long time ago, we use to go to the movies a few times a week, and then we decided to start paying all our debt off so the theaters was one of those things we stopped doing. With Redbox and Netflix, we really haven't gone back to the theater, but since we haven't done anything for a year, we decided that going to see one movie wouldn't hurt. We're not sure what to see yet, and this is probably a one time deal. We won't be making it a habit because the theaters are pretty expensive and we can't skip out on the popcorn, so it's super expensive for us to be going. I think the last time we went, everything together was $40 to $50 US dollars and that's for one movie, (two adults, popcorn and a drink).

It looks like Halloween Horror Night!! is now open for tickets or so it seems 😁😀😎. I really want to go, but with the Delta strain in the air, I'm a little spooked to do anything around a bunch of people. We recently just had someone close to us go into the hospital for COVID and it was a very touch and go situation. I believe he's out of the hospital now, but it's still too close for comfort. So I might skip another year of my FAVORITE HOLIDAY to be on the safe side. (OMG! We'll have to see because I really, really, really want to go!)

I can't wait to go back to Arizona so I can hit up the Goodwill's and see if I can find any more books that I really want to read. I started reading Gluttony Bay, but it's the sixth book in the series, which was stupid of me. I got it at the Dollar Tree and I thought it would be like most books that kind of recap the past stories, but I'm actually lost due to the sheer amount of characters introduced in the book. I was a little taken with the back of the book because it read like so many of the creepy pasta stories I listen to. Now, well, I'm not sure because I'm at page 66 and I'm just not vibing with the story. The writing is good though. I think I need books 1-5. 

Writing Update:

I need to stop filtering through all these stories I have no interest in sharing, but I'm writing for myself. I think even if I do share them, they won't age well due to the references in them. That really depresses me. I keep thinking I'll be this super old woman writing stories that people have no interest in. I need to stay more up to date.