Skip to main content

Arizona for the Weekend, Fireworks and Visiting Family

We drove to Arizona for a couple of days. The older I get the less fun the drive is. I don't even have the pre-excitement for the drive, but getting out there is great. 

Ann and I hit up three different Good Wills. She doesn't like the company and I just sort of now understand that Emory doesn't either. The company started out promising, but I can't speak more on it because I don't fully understand everything that goes into the politics of the company. 

Ann and I hit up three separate stores for me to find books and for her to find art. I love finding obscure novels, hopefully novels from the 80's, but on this trip, I found a lot of Urban Fantasy and Fantasy novels. I bought Emory a couple books and the rest are mine, though sometimes I find a really interesting storyline that I think he'll read. After all, he did introduce me to the Anita Blake series, so anything similar to that, I toss his way. 

I now have enough books for the rest of the year, but I have a feeling that I'll still keep looking for more books the next time I go out there. I really want fantasy from the 80's but I'm easy to please. 

We met up with some friends and had coffee, then I did a lot of visiting with family. My niece was putting together a huge puzzle. She gets a new one finished in days.

We played with sparklers for 4th of July and popped off some really nice sized fireworks. One was a train that whistled really loudly before popping. Luckily, despite wearing a dress, I had no mosquito bites.

My nephew loves the racing games. He's a fan of anything that has to do with racing so he let us play with his favorite game. I'm not great with racing, but he was cool about it and let me test it out. 

We caught a quick lunch and headed back out to California. It's nice to be home, but I miss my family and friends a lot.