Skip to main content

Yule Shopping, Gaming and Writing

It's December and I haven't finished my Yule gift shopping. Today, I ran to the store and got my nephew's gift. His mother only wants practical stuff, so we got wet wipes for the little dude. We found some pretty cool toys and of course Emory had to touch everything with a "try me" button. We were completely floored that all the similar toys started responding to the one that Emory pressed "on" for. It was so crazy. All the untouched toys just came on and responded. I could see that if you got this, it'd have to be a set with all the others. Kind of $$$ to be a parent... or an aunt and uncle, grandparents, godparents, etc. 

It's fun going into stores with all the winter items on display. Funny thing is, it doesn't snow where we live so seeing snow print and snowmen on things is pretty festive. I like all the things you can get kids and kind of wish they had them in bigger sizes too... like Plants vs. Zombies sweatshirts. WHY!!! so young?? Adults like zombies too.

My cousin has a SWITCH and swears by it, but she also has every new system that comes out. I need an Xbox or a PlayStation 4 to play the newest Plants vs. Zombies games. Yes! Two games that I have yet to play. Trying to find a way to get my hands on a system. Right now, I play the oldest version of the game on my ... do I dare admit this? ... I mean, who is really reading this anyways?... right?

Okay! Brace yourself!

I play on the Nintendo DS. This baby is still kicking though I've had her for a long while.  

Writing Update

E.W. 9/? chapters written. Working on chapter 10 right now. I'm not sure if chapter nine flows into chapter ten very well. I'm going to read it over when I have it written. Originally, I had up to chapter 12 written and that's where the story ended at 28,000 words.  I'm trying to extend this story to at least 50,000 to 60,000 words.