Skip to main content

Black Widow Spiders, Spring Gardens and Writing

There's a pretty nice sized Black Widow that lives right next to our door. The smart thing would be to get rid of her, but I'm a firm believer in "live and let live" so... She sort of owns the breezeway. 

I'm so clumsy so every night when I get in from work, I hold my keys extremely tight so I don't accidently drop it in her web. It'd be my luck and then I'd have to sit outside all night because I wouldn't reach in to grab my keys.

The motion lights haven't been coming on so it's extremely dark too. Imagine having to reach down in the dark and not knowing where your little nightmare buddy is. 

Just a side note, but I love spiders. I think they're pretty cool. I just don't want them crawling on me. 

It was pretty cold a couple nights ago. It even rained, but not enough to water the plants, so we need to go out today and wet them down. Sue wants to start a garden this spring, so we'll have a lot of planting coming up in our near future, but something keeps eating the leaves off our plants. The only survivor is our cayenne pepper plant. Speaking of which, I need to cut the seven little peppers off. They're ready to go.

Writer Update:

A.A.H.B.H. This is my NaNoWriMo project that I started to mess around with again. I'm cleaning up the first chapter. So far, I added about 100 words in the first page of editing. I won't know how good any of this is until I have the whole thing written and I'm rereading it. 

E.W. editing chapter 10 and killing my darlings. "Darlings" are words that we overuse.