Skip to main content

Weekends at the Beach House, Shopping at Second Hand Stores and NaNoWriMo Writing

Watching: Carnival Row and Lilly and Dash

Written: 19,300 words / 50,000 word goal

Went to Oxnard for a couple of days and had a really great time, but it is cold and windy up there by the water. We went to Mainstreet Ventura and I did a little shopping. I found some books and two mugs; Libra and Cancer (both are gifts). Emory laughed and asked if they didn't have Virgo. I wish but Virgo print is hard to find. For whatever the reason, most Virgos will buy that stuff very quickly, me being one of them.

There are a lot of second hand shops up there too, which I browsed through. I found a plastic bag carrier that looks like a little dog bone. It clips on their leash so we have trash bags when we take them for walks. Also found a book for my nephew and a very bright, colorful cookbook for my niece. Her daddy is a cook so the book should be very fitting. 

I was going to shop for Christmas presents this weekend. All I did was go to Target and they had 70% off their candy, so I bought a bag. Emory did too. Both candies were listed as vegan in the flyers we get during the holidays. That's really important to us.

Writing Update

I've hit a wall with the writing. I needed some sort of outline, no matter how small. I'm starting to repeat a few key ideas, though I have discovered a lot about my female lead's life. The male lead still needs work. I have him this big badass alpha, but he needs more of a backstory. I need to read more romances because I'm not so sure I'm nailing this.