Skip to main content

Uncomfortably Cold, Elephant Seals and NaNoWriMo Writing

Watching: Poltergeist, Mr. Young (television series), Cadaver

NaNoWriMo Word Count: 5,155/50,000 word goal 

It's finally cold enough to be uncomfortable. Time to bring out the extra clothes. I feel like I'm completely grungy during the winter. It's hard to be stylish with all the layers I wear. 

We went to see the elephant seals. They're protected animals so the lookout was at a distance. The little guys were sleeping so not much was going on. It's crazy watching them get in the water when it seems too cold to be swimming, but they have all that blubber that makes it easy for them. 


I love that this drive had tons of vineyards. There is something so neat staring out at rows and rows of grapevines and knowing that people use it to make wine. We must have crossed at least twenty wineries that I actually saw. Who knows what's farther back off the road. 

📗 Writing Update:  📘

Well, decided that I didn't really like my lead male character's name so I had to change that. It's reading a little funny because I didn't go back to edit the other chapters yet. I'll remember... or I'll be editing and think "Who the heck is this guy?" 

Just Kidding. I'll remember. I have a system that's been in place since I started the NaNoWriMo challenge.