Skip to main content

Physical Therapist, Essential Oils and Writing

Went to see a physical therapist and he's amazing. He taped my right shoulder for me but not before putting me through some tough muscle stretches. It hurt. Won't lie. Didn't feel faint so the pain was a little tolerable but I kept holding my breath and tightening my fists. He kept telling me to relax my hands. Afterwards, for the first time in months, I didn't wake up with my right arm numb and inoperable. Bad thing is, I think I can only see him for a total of eight sessions and I've seen him twice in one week. I'd like to branch that schedule out to once a week so I can have my shoulder taped for eight weeks straight.

I got new oils for my diffuser. I wanted a pumpkin pie type scent for my room so I went online and looked for it. What I got was a box of winter deserts. peppermint, hot chocolate, pumpkin pie, snickerdoodle, cinnamon, red cherry, brown sugar, candy cane, apple cinnamon, and gingerbread. I'm trying the hot chocolate first and it smells wonderful! 

It's funny because Sue immediately said, "Have you been eating chocolate? The house smells like chocolate." I told her no, but she didn't believe me, then we have a small group from the caravan staying with us and Steven said, "I smell pudding now that you say that." So I told them all that it was from my diffuser. Sue rolled her eyes, "Oh right. You got all that super sweet crap." Yes! Yes I did! And it smells so yummy.

There is a list of scents that aren't okay for pets to breath in so I have five oils that I'll never be able to use while my pets are alive. I'm sad because the scents are amazing. This is the list; eucalyptus, tea tree, cinnamon, citrus, pennyroyal, peppermint, pine, sweet birch, wintergreen and ylang ylang. According to google, the scents are toxic. Emory is the one that questioned it so he's the one that looked it up. I'd just been using eucalyptus too before he did the search so I dumped it out of my diffuser and started using lavender until my food scents came. Now I'm using the hot chocolate scent. Again, so obsessed with the smell. 

Writing Update:

E.W. I'm working on Chapter 8. I'm only at 1110 words and 3,000+ is my goal.

I had a dream that I was an editor. It was interesting because people were writing their stories on windows and I was editing it. I've been working too much with acrylics because now I'm practically dreaming of windows.