Skip to main content

Haunted Houses, Hot Sauce and Writing

We made an eight hour drive to Arizona. 


Arizona has haunted houses so we took full advantage and got our tickets to Fear Farm. It has three haunted houses and a haunted corn maze. Years prior, I had a lot of fun at this event, but there was no live music, vendors or actors walking around scaring people this time. Everyone was ushered into very strict lines so people couldn't fan out and chose shorter lines to stand in until the other haunted houses opened up. The haunted houses were amazing though and a few of the jump scares even got Emory to jump. I can imagine myself this 80 year old woman walking through a haunted house. This is what I wait all year for... and new horror movies.

Farmer Bill made hot sauce. To quote him; "made to make you cry." He cooked four habaneros with mango. It was really good when I'd been drinking wine. I think the wine helped numb my taste buds, but the next day they were hot little things. He gave us the recipe so I think we're going to try and make it with only two habaneros. 



Emory went swimming. I sat on the side of the pool and dipped my feet in. I hate being cold even in the summer. 

We went out for frozen non-dairy yogurt twice. We ate out a lot. Couldn't list all the places we got lunch and dinner from. I finally went to Target and got myself my 1 Halloween shirt for the year. My aunt got me one for my birthday, so technically, this year, I have two seasonal shirts.

Off topic: Can't wait for winter when all the onesie pajamas come out. 

Writing Update:

L.B. 13/? chapters written. Still editing chapter 13. 

E.W. I'm at the point where I need to stop editing and actually expand the storyline. I'm up to chapter 7 on the editing so now, chapter 8 is going to be brand new. I'm going to start that now.