Skip to main content

Spirit Store, Ventura Beach and Writing

It's Labor Day weekend! Hope everyone is being safe.

Finally went to the Spirit Store which is a huge Halloween store that has everything from costumes to classic horror movie memorabilia. I am such a sucker that I love getting my home decorations around this time of year and I leave them up all year long. I wanted to get Trick 'r Treat mugs and throw blankets.


I also saw faerie ears in there that I need for a cosplay costume I plan on making. I think my idea is pretty original and it'd be fun to do it at Dragon Con. That's my favorite convention so far, but I haven't been to the San Diego one yet. 

I did see a couple of shirts that I would wear year round, like a tie-die tank top and a "Camp Crystal" hockey jersey. This year I might try to get back up there and see what's for sale because they also had Hocus Pocus shot glasses and we need shot glasses to measure out our drinks. I'm terrible at eyeballing the liquid. I put too much or too little. 

It was about 110 degrees this entire weekend. Arizona weather despite being out here in California. We escaped the weather the best we could by going up to Oxnard. From there, we went to Ventura Co. Brewery and got a couple beers. I was with my caravan family so the conversations were colorful. I come from a storytelling family so they get very vivid with their language.


Writing Update:

L.B. 12/? written. I've started chapter twelve, but I'm not far into it yet. I had a rough start because I wasn't sure where I really wanted to take this chapter. Writing something felt better than writing nothing, so here I am with a lot to edit and hopefully I won't have to delete a great deal of it.