Skip to main content

Trinidad Scorpion Peppers, Caffeine Pills and Writing

For the better part of summer, Sue's been showing up with a few extra vegetable plants a week. Finally, she mentioned that she wanted to go to the nursery and I opted to go with her. It  was way over in a rougher part of town. The nursery itself was awesome and had everything a person could name that is legal to grow in the states and will grow in California. In other words, no invasive plants.
herbs and vegetables
She bought a Trinidad Scorpion pepper plant and a couple other peppers. I wrote Farmer Bill to see how hot that gets. I don't fully understand the measurement system, but it ranks as so as the HOTTEST peppers: Carolina Reapers, Trinidad Scorpion, Ghost pepper. So I asked Sue why in the world she would get something so hot. Her answer, "it was pretty." I wrote Cousin Surf Girl to see if she'd eat them. She says the hottest she goes is jalapenos. I thought she'd at least go to Ghost Peppers. Farmer Bill eats them hot so maybe I'll surprise him with a little package.

Sue planted onions... maybe a little close

a couple variations of the pepper plants
California is good for growing plants. Everything grows out here, both the tropical plants and plants made for dryer weather. We were talking about clearing another section and getting corn. I've sprouted corn when I was a kid, so I think we could get seeds and I could have those ready for planting in weeks. I used to clean the pollen from the branches, not knowing that the pollen is what makes the corn. Things you learn when you get older. Plus, I think that's proof I was a neurotic child when it came to cleaning.

I hardly clean now though... sort of. I'm still neurotic at work because I have a dirty job and cleaning after every part is a little neurotic still.

I usually catch Coach at the end of the day, which is bad for me because I can never stop yawning. He teases me because I take caffeine pills during the morning but not in the afternoon. I guess I have a battery life and it ends promptly at 12:30pm in the afternoon. Back when we worked the midnight shift, he would tell me my battery life ended at 3:00am when I'd stop talking and lose my energy.

Writing

E.W. I haven't edited this week.

L.B. currently working on chapter 11. I thought I'd have it updated by now, but have been a little lazy.

Had a dream that Disney wanted me to write a dark version of Cinderella for their book series. I woke up wondering what the hell I was thinking, "Disney would never publish something so dark." Yep, I'm a pretty dark writer. Too dark probably. I get some complaints about the sadness.