Skip to main content

Commune Gifts, Kid Toys and Writing

I love staying busy, but yesterday was nuts! I spent the morning with a quick visit to the commune, which was a great idea! I helped put away some of the items that came back from the caravan trip. It's great when everyone you meet treats you like family. They become part of the caravan culture. 

A long time friend gave Ann some cooking oils from Germany and Italy to give to Emory and me. Such a cool gift. I can't wait to cook with them. She also had a box with a bunch of holistic medicine for me. Our mutual friend Sue buys a lot of these oils, soaps, lotions, pain drops and teas. 



My whole reason for visiting the commune in the first place was to clean a pair of gloves and this gorgeous "peace sign" print scarf I recently bought at a rummage sale. The commune has a large, silver soak bowl and great conversation. It was very much worth the visit.

Ann had this crazy cool maze for the commune kids. While playing it, the maze will change so it's like a new maze for every game. I borrowed it and took it for Emory to see. He's more into those mind bending games than I am, but even this held my attention. 

Writing Update:

L.B. I haven't been writing on this story lately.

E.W. Killing my darlings on this chapter. I had over 54 times I used the same word. I've been going through and editing it. I need this story to be about forty thousand words longer than it currently is.