Skip to main content

Estate Sales, Batman my Secret Crush and Writing

Ann and John came out for the weekend. There was also an estate sale. I asked Ann if she wanted to check it out and Sue jumped in, "Definitely not! Neither of you need more stuff."

So Ann promised, "We'll only buy something we can use!"

Sue was still against it. She's a minimalist and she tries to help us organize our lives, but Ann and I are terrible when it comes to organization. We get sentimental and getting rid of things is hard. We even get sentimental about things that aren't ours... YET! So we had the guys drop us off at the estate sale and bad thing was, they had to go back to the house to get something forgotten. When they came to pick us up, they had Sue! I think I screamed. I'm not sure what Ann did, maybe laugh hysterically.

Good thing is, we didn't buy anything. I wanted to. There was a Batman and Spawn comic book for $6.00. My brain was very dead set on buying it, but I'm trying really hard not to collect any more comic books. Can't say the same for comic book cartoons, because right now, I just bought the Batman Animated Series Volume 1. Batman is my man. He's my #1 comic book companion. On my deathbed, I'll be daydreaming of shadows on rooftops fighting crime.

So walking away from that is hard.

In private though, Ann whispered, "Lets go back and see if the comic book is still there."

Well, if I'm going to have a little devil on my shoulder, who am I to say no?

We went to Ventura for the afternoon. I had to take a nap while Ann went to the beach with John. She loves looking for sea glass. I forgot to ask if she picked any up.

Mark made us dinner which consisted of tofu, a variety of grilled veggies including egg plant and quinoa. Sue brought desert, a fruit tart for everyone else and little bite sized cakes for me. I can't eat wheat.

Writing Update:

E.W. 2/? chapters edited. I decided to start editing this book again because I took almost 3 years off from writing this and I need to get a feel for the characters again. Plus, my writing style has changed.

Love all the writing things on Etsy. I want to get a writer mug, but how many mugs can one girl own. Hate to say it, but I already have over ten and it's just Emory and me.