Skip to main content

Bad Bosses, Nightmares and Writing

I am still having nightmares about an idiot that I worked very briefly for. My dreams still reflect what a horror it'd been dealing with him. I wake up with the same feelings I had during the two weeks in his presence; anger, confusion, inner turmoil, depression and self doubt. He said; "Don't bring drama to my workplace." But he was the only one that didn't abide by that rule and sure, he was the boss, but I don't think anyone should be subjected to what he put people through.

Keeping drama out of the workplace is a good idea. Especially when some of the drama comes childhood. A lot of this is better spoken to a psychologist that can teach stronger coping skills then a bunch of interns and the few office staff that only nods their heads but are too afraid to add to the conversation because their jobs are on the line. 

Check out an employer through Glass Door first. I did this a little late, after I accepted the job. Emory was the one that looked the man up and past employees had a lot of things to say that I witnessed first hand. Ugly. This man had the mentality of a fourteen year old. It's like he never worked a day in a regular office and didn't realize that not only are certain things inappropriate, they are rude and a violation.

I have a lot of plans in the mix, so I can only assume that I'm feeling a little chaotic, hence these dreams with him. He was chaos in human form. Maybe this stems from being in quarantine when I have so many things I want to do and am stuck at home (on hold). I need to find balance.

Also, I think I might finally put my review on Glass Door to explain my time working with him and then I need to smash those stupid dreams. I guess there is something to say about dreams that make you look into yourself and explain what might be going on in your head. I just wish I didn't have to deal with reminders of him.

I suppose, these dreams might be as good as pulling the two-of-pentacles from a tarot deck. Maybe it's the two of wands too. Both could explain what's happening in my brain.

Unrelated, I've been having a lot of nightmares lately. Not all of them are related to idiotic bosses. Some of them had to do with family and one of them had to do with the Masters Program at the university.

Second Unrelated note: I read once, that if you see people that you know in your dreams, to consider it a visitation. I've been visited by old friends and dead family members. I've noticed that when I dream about the living, I usually hear from them within the next couple of months. I've started to wait for those moments when they reach out.

Writing Update

N.H.I.E. 86,788 words 19 Chapters finished. Book 2 may or may not be coming. Depends since I have so much to get done this year and I still need to write and edit the series I plan to pitch to agents.