Skip to main content

Ready for Classes, Neighborhood Social and Writing

I keep filtering between three major things I want to accomplish this year; acting, impro and comedy classes. I've finally narrowed down what I want to do first and it's improv. I feel like it would help with both acting and comedy. One of the paths we learned in stand up is that you have to be willing to go off script. Talking with the audience has a lot of comedy in itself, but you have to be ready for any answers thrown at you.

La Brea Tar Pits in November
Things aren't opening out here in California yet, so it might be months before I can take any classes. Truthfully, having my life on hold is making me miserable. It doesn't take much to make my brain feel like I'm spinning my wheels and getting nowhere. I can practically smell the burnt rubber as I'm stuck in park. I need to go!

We went to a very small neighborhood social, with less than ten people. Everyone stayed within their household groups, so the four of us stuck together, except my aunt and uncle came down, so that made six of us. There might have been more people at this happy hour before Emory and I showed up, but I was still asleep. I don't usually wake up until 8:00 pm when I have to be at work by 9:00 pm.

Can't wait for my mom to take the caravan train down to visit. I'm surprised how many of the caravanners will be traveling this way too. It feels like forever since I've seen everyone.

Writer

N.H.I.E. 18/? Chapters finished. 1,800/? words written on chapter 19. I think I'll have this book finished with chapter 19 and then I can start work on book two.

L.B. 7/? chapters finished. 2,900/? words written on chapter 8