Skip to main content

British Slang, My Beach Bunny Cousin and Writing

I started calling tea "cuppa" after watching all the BBC Sherlock Holmes. Eventually, I turned to Emory and said, "I'm not even sure I'm using the word cuppa right." I looked it up on the internet and there was a list of English slang terms and what fun! I had to see if I used any of them:

10 Unique British Slang Terms

Donkey's Years: Nope, never used it.
Bob's your uncle: yes, since I was a kid. I could be wrong, but I feel like I heard this term used in cartoons, but they'd have to be American cartoons because I feel like I'd remember hearing British accents
Cracking: I don't think, given the definition, that I used this term. We've said, "What's crack'in," but the definition is different
Daft: lol. I've heard of this, but don't think I've used it. I think I've heard it used in cartoons... Bugs Bunny? Anyone have a similar memory in America?
I'm easy: lol. Emory says this all the time. I think this is a pretty common term here in America
Lurgy: Nope
Not my cuppa tea: Yes, but "not my cup of tea." Cup = cuppa
Potluck: I'm not sure I've ever used it per the definition
Pukka: Nope
Sick: Yes! But not as an adult. 

My cousin lives on a beach; beach bunny surfer type. Her beach actually allows sunbathing, where I think the beaches near me don't. I haven't looked into it because I just haven't made the time to go down there and parking is a nightmare. Since quarantine, she's been sending numerous photos a day of her beach life; surfing, boating, kayaking, volleyball, etc. I'm going to go out on a limb and say she really loves living where she does. 😄

I need a little more sun. I've been feeling extremely depressed. It runs in my family. Sunny walks don't really help as much as I'd like them to.

Writing:

E.W. 5/20 chapters written. Editing chapter 6 as we speak. I've decided I need to carry a notepad with me again, because I work in a clean room which means we aren't allowed to have anything on us if it's not already in the room. That leaves me writing on napkins which we use to clean the materials we're working with. Right now my workstation is full of napkins. I need to take these notes and transcribe them into a notebook on my lunch.

Also, I'm thinking about joining Romance Writers of America again. I need to get out and force myself to meet people. I had a really good time with these people years ago, so why not do this again? There's a meeting up in the area Emory and I want to move.