Skip to main content

Alligator Lizard, Early Mother Gifts and Writing

Got home from the grocery store and this massive guy was standing guard of the gate. At first I thought we had a baby dragon.... (lol, my aunt says I live in a fantasy world. I write fantasy for a living, of course my head is in the clouds) Okay, so besides the dragon, har har har, I actually thought it was a snake at first glance. I've never seen a lizard this big in the city. Not saying they don't exist, obviously, I just never saw it myself.

San Francisco Alligator Lizard? Maybe?
Sent the picture to my mom and she said the same thing; what is it doing in the city? Good question. I can tell you what it was doing by our gate: HIDING FROM THE LARGE BIRD WAITING FOR IT.

He's beautiful. I was so intrigued and the darn thing wasn't scared of us at all. He allowed me to get pretty close to take a picture, but I didn't touch him, obviously. He was already concerned about the bird. I didn't want him to freak out over us. He's not my dinner, so I took my pictures, admired his beauty, shooed off the bird and life went on.

I went through Shutterfly to get our mother's day gifts this year. I made coasters with sibling pictures per given mother. My mom got hers yesterday. I almost warned her to hold off opening it, but decided if anything was wrong with the gift, it'd be better to get ahold of Shutterfly as soon as possible. She said she absolutely loved it. There were no issues. The pictures came out perfectly. Biggest problem for her is that she doesn't want to use them. 😕

Did we completely miss free comic book day or is it going to be celebrated sometime in the near future? I was really planning on getting around the comic book stores.

Writing Update:

L.B. 7/? chapters Finished: So excited to have finally updated it. It took a month to get the next chapter posted.

N.H.I.E. 17/? chapters finished: Currently working on Chapter 18 of this story. Still hoping to get it finished quickly. I have a book 2 to finish on this.

Untitled Short: 980 words written / ? amount of words. I might make this a 5,000 word project. If it's longer than 3000 words, I post it as a single.