We had dinner at the commune which is always fun. I did resist the urge to have a glass of wine with dinner though it had been offered. What can I say, we're a commune who likes wine with dinner.
It's weird going on vacation and then being back to the grind. My mind still feels like it's on hiatus.
Ann went on a duffy ride while I was at home trying to get some chapters edited on my novels and to get new videos edited. I still need to download all the photos off my phone. I'm really dragging my feet here.
Ann called and told me they had a spot for me at the Country Club. What a weird thing to say, right? So, I was like, okay.....
I went and it ended up being really fun watching comedians do standup. I did this once and it's a really hard thing to do when people aren't laughing. The audience last night was super responsive, clapping and laughing and hackling. The comedians took it like champs. They rolled with the punches and came out funny and made even the hacklers part of the show. It was really entertaining.....
But I did have two glasses of red wine and when I drink.... oh boy! So I told Emory, in my head, I was like "Don't be an idiot." but at the end of the show, I told the people I went with that I needed to just go talk to the comedians for a second. I know the people I was with were in a hurry so I made my comments to each comedian short.
I thanked them for the show. I told them I really loved what they did.... AND THEN I GAVE THEM A HUG!!! Yes, what an idiot! Like, people probably don't want to be touched, but I get so into my "feels" when I drink more than 1 glass of wine so I was REALLY feeling my emotions.
All the comedians were so friendly and accepted the emotional burst and yes, they gave me a hug. Yikes right? Hugging a stranger? But I didn't make it last. It was just a friendly "goodbye and thank you" type of hug.
Anyways, I have no idea how I got back upstairs to my apartment. No, I didn't drive. I was picked up and dropped off, but a little of that is a blur. Exhaustion and liquor kicked in. I fell asleep on the couch in my dress and didn't wake up until Emory got home.
Remember folks! Never Drink and Drive!
I'm so careful. I don't drink at all if I know I'm driving somewhere, but that night, I had a driver that only drinks tea. Also, I try not to drink too much because I get so hyper happy. Like super happy and huggy and it ANNOYS the heck out of Sue.
Emory got sick. Good thing I bought the medical tea. He will be the first to try it. I have a little sore throat, but I don't get sick like he does. I am a little interested in the tea the herblist made. Like how effective will it be with clearing the mucus? It's got some plants we learned about in Colorado that are good for clearing the lungs.
Writing Update:
F.C. Working on chapter 13 to try and get this little project finished. I think where I am at could end the story or maybe a chapter or two more and it will be done.
C. So much to still do on this project. Someone left me a really good review and I feel like I should really try to keep posting. Part of me feels like I might have lost my path on this. I just reread the lastest chapter and it's pretty damn good. I'm excited so I do need to try and just get this done.
I have a meeting with the High Priestess to talk about my writing projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment