Flagstaff, Tombstone and Bisbee Tours

We finally got to see the Grand Canyon and I'm floored by the beauty of the rock colors. I couldn't believe how hot it was too. We did the sunset tour and boy was it so romantic. We did get a lot of information about the tribes that live in the area. We got to go to a "Trade Post" which I was hoping for more interesting foodie things but they had tons of art that was just amazing! I think we did end up buying Prickle Pear Cotton Candy. We also got ourselves some drinks for that night. 


Emory did not feel so great in the morning with as much drinking as he'd done. I had a much smaller headache. We had a hotel in Flagstaff so that was really nice. We did an underground tour and then a ghost tour. I love Flagstaff because it was such a hippie community when I went to university there. That was a LONG time ago. I did buy some medical tea from an herbalist this time.

No ghosts on the Flagstaff tours, but we learned a lot about the red light district and the saloons and the tunnels that brought in liquor during prohibition. 

We made it back to Phoenix for two reasons: Motley Crue concert. (It rained on us but boy was the whole thing a blast!) And to see the High Priestess and to get her blessings. 

We left for Tuscon which was also pretty hot. We did a cave tour in the middle of nowhere. You'd think caves would be pretty chilly. Not this cave. It stayed a comfortable and muggy 71 degrees. Very warm. We had so much fun with that. 

Next tour was a walking tour of downtown. We got EMFs and walked around watching the world light up. Arizona has a very interesting history. 

Our next stop was Tombstone and Bisbee. Both were amazing. 

Tombstone seems like a fairly small town. The people are so friendly. We had such a great time dressing up for photos, seeing the largest rose bush and doing a little shopping. 


Bisbee is a hippy town. We were right next to the Mexico boarder where a lot of hippies ran to get away from the draft "way back when". That was a long time ago. Now, there is a stupid partial wall to keep Mexicans out, but I personally think it's to keep U.S.A. citizens from running. I won't go into my personal thoughts about it....

So Bisbee used to be an active copper mine. We went into buildings that had copper doors, copper light fixtures and copper mirrors! The Copper Queen hotel is said to be pretty haunted. Steven is taking his girlfriend there for a few nights. I'm so excited! I think they'll have a really good time. The food is so good. There are coffee shops, you can still take a tour in the mine and best of all!!! It's such an artist town that everything you look at is just creative.  


We headed back to Phoenix, picked up Ann and brought her out here to the Calfornia commune. 

No comments: