Kayak, Casinos and Writing

The drive to Arizona felt incredibly long with our two new dogs. We left Mr. Mozie with the commune out here in CA since he's old and needs more care. Watson tried to play ball in the car. I think if we had the windows open, all the toys we brought would have been thrown out. 

We went to a baseball game. It was a children's game so it was a lot of base walking. I don't know baseball as well as I know soccer. My brother played baseball for a little bit, but I spent most of my time at the snack bar and I sat on the bleachers long enough to be super annoying. Now, the kids have their own "walk" song. My nephew's walk up song was "California Girls" which I asked why, and I guess it was a dare from my niece (his sister). He's such a freaking cutie. 

We went to Cottonwood to kayak. I was hoping we would have a shared kayak, so imagine Emory's relief when he realized he wasn't responsible for my lazy butt. Some of the little currents got a little scary, but they were so minute! Honestly, Emory got stuck on a rock and the stream kept carrying me away. He caught up. It was so fun. I was soaking wet.



Emory saw the tiny sign that marked the path we needed to go. It was a little scary because it was super tiny. It reminded me of the crossroads where one path is sunny and perfect and the other is dark and overgrown with brush and trees. Yep, that dark path was OUR road. So we went down it. We saw some really awesome birds. Does Arizona have exotic wetland birds? We couldn't name any of them, but I've seen birds like this in Florida.

Afterwards, we went to listen to live music while we tried a wine tasting. I went with all reds except one white called "Sex on the Beach" which tasted super fruity and perfect. 

Cliff Castle Casino was our hotel choice. We were right next to the pool and at first, we were the only two people in the vast pool area. Then others came in and we sat on a chair to dry off. Emory won back all the money he gambled with and actually had enough to tip the people that cash out the papers. He didn't win more than $3.00 more than what he spent.

Writing Update:

Editing/writing B.L. I still don't know what I want to do with this. 

No comments: