Skip to main content

Coffee Text, Book Clubs and Writing

 

I got a text from my ex boss about coffee. It's funny that she's drinking coffee and thinking of me, but we did bond pretty well. We both like the same things, but I think she's a bit of an introvert and I'm a bit of an introvert, so two introverts get along just fine over text messages. 

I finally cut and dyed my hair. I feel like it frames my face better and the long hair... it wasn't as long as it could be but boy was it always tangled and I just couldn't keep the knots out so yeah, it's nice having it short. The hairdresser said it was like a small animal was built out of all my hair. 😹

We have noisy neighbors above us. It's like they have a call center that starts at 10pm sharp until the wee hours of morning. Too many voices and they talk so loud and it's right above our bedroom. I feel really frustrated. Last night, it was like they were playing hopscotch.

Our first meeting at book club for the new year went really well. We had themed food to go with the book we read. I loved all the characters and it was a pretty quick read so that made it fun. I got tired though and as the conversation shifted to more personal matters, it got late and I had to be at work early so I excused myself. I guess no one took on book club for February. 

The biggest stress for me is finding a book people will like. I usually read urban fantasy though right now I'm reading a sci-fi romance... how did that end up in my read pile? But it's not a bad book and I'm actually curious how the story will progress. I can't help but feel that the writer is a pants-er like me. 

I saw this gnarly looking spider last night by our water dispenser. I called Emory to come look at it because I usually don't mind house spiders, but this looked like something that could possibly be an issue if it bit us. In other words, it had the spiny legs of a black widow. Emory says it was not a dangerous spider, but that we probably wouldn't want it in the house given that we have pets. Dude! Duuuuuuude! I'm the one that constantly gets bit and those bites are horrible. They bubble up and look bad. I showed my aunt one time and she was like, "yeah, you need to see a doctor." 

So Emory caught the little dude and stuck him in the stairwell because indoor spiders are indoor spiders. It can live in the stairwell where there is constant bugs or something.

Writing Updated:

Okay, working  a little on my sci-fi story. I just wanted to change a few things and ended up working more on it than I meant to. Added a few more words to the story that I have currently going that I've started almost a year and a half ago. I really need to finish it. I've been dragging my feet.