Thursday, December 01, 2016

Hallmark, Black Friday and Gifts

Hallmark started their Christmas movies early. I'm not a Hallmark movie fan, but I like their commercials for cards and ornaments.

I skipped out on Black Friday. I think I'd been briefly interested in the rush way back when I lived in California, but I remember sitting on my aunt's couch and watching the news. This man went to open the store doors and the crowd killed him in their mad-dash for consumerism. Now, products look like products and now it feels like Black Friday swallowed Thanksgiving completely.

I didn't talk too much about Thanksgiving in November, which is a bummer, since we had such a good time. We started our morning at Denny's where I proceeded to eat an entire breakfast by myself. The pancakes were so good with sugar walnuts and smothered with cream cheese.

The first house we went to had a really good vegetarian selection. My niece told me she made the rice crispy dessert special, since she knew it was my favorite. So funny hearing that from the mouth of a four year old, but my nieces and nephews remember so much about Emory and me. I really loved the surprise. For my non-American friends, the recipe is below:

RECIPE for RICE CRISPIES


1/3 cups margarine

4 cups Marshmallow Fluff

5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal


The second house was really mellow. We drank wine and looked at old photos. Farmer Bill was there poking fun of all of us. Uncle Jim hung around and that was neat. I haven't seen him for a while. Apparently all these people keep up with my Facebook, so I should probably update it more often.

I started wrapping a few gifts for my traditional friends and family members. I do plan to make something special for my Buddhist and witch friends.

This season has me excited!! 


No comments: